Friday, May 11, 2012

Pasta Salad

Tomorrow we will be attending a family dinner.  My job is to bring the Pasta Salad.  It is so simple, and there are so many ways to make a pasta salad.  You can put your own spin on things but here is what I am bringing tomorrow.  The first thing I did was put 2 16 oz boxes of Tri Color Pasta into a big pot to boil.  Then I started chopping. I grated 3 carrots, chopped 2 green peppers, 2 broccoli crowns, cleaned a pint of grape tomatoes, diced 16 oz of marble jack cheese,
and drained 2 cans of jumbo olives.
Nice bowl of veggies...and by the time I was done chopping, cleaning, dicing and draining the pasta was done cooking.  I put the pasta into a colander and ran cold water through it until it was no longer hot.  The cold water stopped the cooking process and cooled the pasta so it did not melt the cheese in with the vegetables.
I put the pasta on top of the veggies and added about
24 oz. of Italian Salad Dressing.
I gave the pasta a good stir and tested it for flavor.  For some reason I thought this was a little sweet, so I added 1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar into the bowl and it tasted pretty good.  I always like to make my pasta salad the day before so all the flavors can blend together.  It always tastes better the second day.  Looks good...right?
How do you make your pasta salad? 

No comments:

Post a Comment