Friday, December 14, 2012

Peppermint Bark


As I have gotten older I have realized the the marathon baking days are over.  It is just better for me to do it in batches. I did a small amount of Holiday Baking last night.  I made Peanut Butter Balls, Oreo Truffles, and Peppermint Bark.  In the next day or two I will be making some Christmas Tree Spritz cookies and maybe some Sugar Cookies.  I will apologize now that these pictures are so bad....Seems I get better photos when I take them during the day.  The up side to this camera situation is that my Husband is getting a really nice one for Christmas... I can say that here because he never reads my blog...so I am sure the secret is safe!  I will have to "borrow" his camera for some future posts.  Now on to the recipe for Peppermint Bark.  It could not be any easier.....
 
 
You will need 1 pkg. Chocolate Almond Bark and 1 pkg. White Almond Bark.  Also you will need 1 box of Peppermint candy canes and 1 tsp. Peppermint extract.
 
I like to melt my chocolate in a double boiler.  You can use whatever method you prefer. Melt the chocolate almond bark and spread evenly on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Let the chocolate harden before moving on to the next step.
  Last night we just ran an errand while we let the chocolate set up.
While you are waiting for the chocolate you can unwrap the candy canes and put them into a gallon sized zip lock bag.  Using a kitchen mallet take your frustrations out on those candy canes!
Next chop and melt the white almond bark. 
While it is melting add 1 tsp. peppermint extract.
Once the white chocolate is melted spread it evenly over the milk chocolate in the cookie sheet.
Immediately spread the crushed candy canes over the top of the white chocolate and gently press in to the chocolate so the pieces stick.
Let the pan cool and harden...then you can cut into pieces.  I was able to get 96 little pieces out of my pan...and lots of yummy crumbs!



No comments:

Post a Comment