Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Noodle Soup

This is my absolute favorite thing to make the day after Thanksgiving.  I love using up the leftovers and creating a meal that is fast and delicious! When I make my Thanksgiving Turkey I make lots and lots of Gravy.  I start by taking the neck, heart, gizzard etc. and placing them into a pot with water, salt, pepper, onion and garlic.  I cook it while the turkey cooks and keep replenishing the water as it boils down.  Then I remove the neck and gizzard and heart that I had in there and add all the turkey juice that I have from my bird.  I cook my bird in a cooking bag so it is east to just pour the additional turkey broth into the gravy pot...and trust me you will need a pot.  I thicken it with cornstarch and my Thanksgiving gravy is done and always delicious.  I put that leftover gravy in the fridge and the next night I dump it into a big pot...like this....
I chop up leftover celery and carrot sticks from the
 relish tray and add them to the pot.
I chop up leftover Turkey and add it to the pot.
I use both dark and white meat.
I dump a bunch of dry noodles on top.
It's about a pound - but I don't measure it.
I fill that pot up with water and give it a stir.
You can add some more salt and pepper for flavor if needed.
Just let that boil together until the noodles are cooked.
And there you have it.  Super fast and super delicious Turkey Noodle Soup made from Thanksgiving leftovers.  Add a leftover dinner roll and your meal is complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment