Sunday, October 7, 2012

Zucchini Muffins

I know I have mentioned to you before how much my family loves zucchini bread.  In fact I have done a post about it.  You can find that recipe here.  Interesting fact is that this is the first recipe I ever put on this blog after my creation post.  We often have zucchini bread on a Sunday morning.  It is a fast breakfast as we are trying to get out the door for church.  I decided to try something new with the very same recipe.  Muffins.  Just make the zucchini bread recipe I linked you to above and place them in muffin cups!  I got 24 muffins from the recipe.  I filled them about 3/4 full.  I debated putting a streusel topping on them with some oats and butter and cinnamon but decided against it today.  It would be delicious however.  My family gobbled these up.  In fact my husband said they tasted better than the bread....we all know there really is no reason for that, since it is the same recipe but hey - who am I to argue?  The muffins only take 20-25 minutes to cook and the bread takes at least an hour or more so I figure I am getting off easy on this one! 
 
My hope from this post is that you will look at the recipes you use and love and try them in other ways.  My daughter suggested using this recipe for zucchini pancakes or waffles!


No comments:

Post a Comment