Saturday, June 23, 2012

Peach Cobbler Muffins



I found this recipe this morning while checking out my regular foodie blogs.  It comes from Christy Jordan's Southern Plate .  I had some peaches that I wanted to use and these Peach Cobbler Muffins looked like just the thing to use them in.  I did not take pictures of my process because she has so many good pictures on her website going through the process but the picture of the finished muffins are the muffins I made.  I really like to make muffins in the morning.  They are so fast and I find them to be filling.  They make a good breakfast and a fast snack later in the day.  I did of course change her recipe a little bit.  She commented on her blog that they didn't rise very much.  Well there was no leavening agent in her recipe so I added 1 tsp. Baking Powder when I made mine.  I also added extra oats and she said the recipe made a dozen muffins.  I got 21 muffins out of my batch...so there you have it.  And I will say from the batter to the finished product, these muffins taste like Peach Cobbler!

Southern Plate's Peach Cobbler Muffins
(with a little tweak from rustic flavor)

29 oz can of peaches drained and coarsely chopped
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Eggs
3/4 C. Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 C. Flour
1 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Oats
(her recipe called for 1/4 C oats)
1 tsp. Baking Powder
(my addition)
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Combine peaches, vanilla, eggs, and oil and stir together with a fork.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.  Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake at 400* for 20-25 minutes.

These are very moist muffins and in my opinion pretty sweet.  A little too sweet for me at breakfast.  When I try this recipe again I will reduce the Brown Sugar to 1/2 C. or maybe 3/4 C. at the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment