Monday, November 5, 2012

Ham and Potatoes

First I will say that looking at these photos just really makes me want to get a good camera!  Now for the food.....Ham and Potatoes.  Ultimate Comfort Food.  This is a go to recipe that I am sorry to say I just toss together. No measuring.  I will do my best to give you approximate measurements but I really just toss it all in and go.  These potatoes are made with Heavy Whipping Cream.  They are not low fat.  This recipe needs to either be made the night before and put in the fridge to sit or made in the morning before work or errands and let it sit all day before cooking.  The potatoes need to soak up that whipping cream
and need time to just hang out. 
 
Take frozen shredded hash browns and pour them into a 9X13 pan.
No measurement ... just fill it up about 3/4 full.
Add about 1/4 Cup Dehydrated Onion.
You can use a small chopped onion instead if you want.
Add about 1 T. Minced Garlic.
Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
Add 2 C. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Add 2 C. Diced Cooked Ham.
Stir it all up.
Pour 1 pint of Heavy Whipping Cream all over the Potatoes.
Cover with foil and put in fridge over night.
I usually mix mine up in the morning, cover it with foil and leave it out all day.  I cook it at 350* for 1 hour.  If you are cooking it cold from the fridge you will need to increase your cooking time....
for an additional 30 minutes.
Hot, Delicious, Comforting....Ham and Potatoes...
Super easy but not low fat!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment