Friday, April 27, 2012

Shrimp Pasta

My family tolerates Shrimp.  I love it. 
This is a super simple recipe that you can do really with any meat.
  I have done similar things with smoked sausage, chicken,
anything you want to use is fine. 
The first thing I did was start 1 lb of pasta boiling in my big pot.
Then pick a Grill Mates Marinade that lookes good to you.
Of course you can mix your own marinade or choose another brand, this is just what we like.  I mixed it according to package directions using 1/4 C. Water, 1/4 C. Olive Oil, and 2 T. Vinegar.  I whisked in the marinade.
  All this was done right in the skillet.
Next I added  a 12 oz. Bag of Shrimp. The shrimp was frozen right out of the freezer but I bought them pre cooked
so all you really have to do is heat and eat.
Bring this up to a good simmer and
let the shrimp cook  while the pasta is cooking. 
The Shrimp and marinade will reduce down like this -
Drain your pasta, dump it on top of the shrimp and toss.
 There you have it - a super simple, super speedy dinner!
I served it with a tossed salad.  The whole dinner was probably less than $10.00. The Bag of Shrimp was $5.00 add a box of pasta for about $1.50, the marinade mix for less than $1.00 and a bag of salad for $1.50 and there you have it!  With the cost of beef these days I am finding other meats to be used more often in my home since they are more comparable in price to ground beef than they used to be.
What's your super speedy, super simple go to meal? 


No comments:

Post a Comment