Saturday, April 14, 2012

Chocolate Browine Trifle

I have two trifle bowls.  I have used a trifle bowl about 4 or 5 times in 18 years. Every time I use it I wonder why I don't use it more often.  They are so fun and easy to make.  The variety is endless on the types of trifle there is and for that matter the things you could layer in a trifle bowl - like a 7 layer salad for example.  This past week my husband and I decided to decline the job transfer so I have been busy unpacking and grateful for the clean out of the garage and basement.  Because we were moving a friend invited us over for lunch before we left town.  As excited as I was to have lunch with them I did come clean that we decided to stay here - fortunately they still wanted us to come to lunch and I offered to bring dessert.  I had my daughter ask their teenage son what he liked for dessert and his response was Chocolate, Chocolate anything Chocolate.  So I put together a Chocolate Brownie Trifle.

For the most part this is what you will need:
1 Box of your favorite Brownie Mix
1/4 C. water, 1/2 C. oil and 3 Eggs for the Brownie Mix
2 (3.2 oz) boxes Instant Mousse
2 C. Milk for the Mousse
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1 (8 oz) Container Cool Whip
Mini Chocolate Chips

First I made the Mousse since it takes a couple of hours to set up.
Just mix according to package directions.
Then I made the Brownie Mix.  I usually like the fudge version that uses less eggs, but for this Trifle I chose to make the cake like brownies that used an extra egg.  I baked the brownie mix in 2 round pans.  These fit perfectly in my Trifle Bowl and I don't need to break apart the brownies into clumps.  I also do this if I am making a Trifle using cake.  It is so much easier to put the whole round in at one time. Just bake according to package directions.
Next I mixed together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar,
and cool whip and placed it in the fridge.
Once the brownies were cooked and completely cooled I was able to begin assembly. First I put one of the brownie rounds in the bowl
Next I alternated the white cream cheese mixture
and the chocolate mousse
I repeated these layers and topped with mini chocolate chips
These are so easy to make - You can get creative...White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortcake, Pumpkin Cream Cheese...let your imagination run wild.

Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment