Saturday, July 27, 2013

Taco Pockets



 My husband grew up on cabbage pockets and didn't really like them. Some of you know them as Runza's.  He said that the school made them a lot for lunch.  Them seem to be a popular item where I live and every one is a little different from the other.  I wanted to make something today that would be easy to transport if my daughters wanted to bring some food with them to the fair today. (they didn't)  But these little discoveries of mine are really good - so I may start to make them more often. 
 
I started with my favorite bread dough.
And I divided it into 20 equal pieces.
I cooked 1 lb. ground beef with 1 chopped onion and 1 T. Garlic. 
I drained the grease and added some taco seasoning
and about 1 C. Salsa.
I grated 8 oz. of cheese.
And the assembly begins....
I rolled out the dough into circles and put the taco meat on top.
I added some cheese.
I folded them up and put them on a cookie sheet.
 
I didn't grease the cookie sheet - but you could if you wanted to . 
The pockets didn't stick too bad but they would come off
 a little easier if you sprayed the cookie sheet with
some non stick spray.
 
I baked these taco pockets at 350* for about 20 minutes.
I have to admit that I didn't really time the baking. 
 I usually use my nose and my eyes as a timer -
but I think it was about 20 minutes.
I was able to get 20 taco pockets and they were a big hit!
Even my husband liked them...WIN!

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment