Saturday, July 27, 2013

Karo Corn



 
 
I was introduced to this sweet treat from my college roommate Jennifer Parker (well now her name is Jennifer Taylor).  I have no idea where she got the recipe from but it has become a quick go to snack when I need to provide something for a crowd!
 
Karo Corn
1 C. Butter (you can use margarine but butter is better!)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C Karo Syrup
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
 
Mix butter, sugar and Karo in a heavy saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Boil for 3-4 minutes.  Remove from heat and add the vanilla.  Pour over 3 batches of plain popped popcorn.
 
 
I have a trusty air popper.  I honestly cannot believe it is still working (It's about 25 years old).  I clean my kitchen sink real good
 and pop my popcorn into it.
Then I make the syrup
And pour it over the popcorn
I stir it up real good - do this kind of quickly if you can
Then I pile it into a bowl and enjoy!
This is so fast and easy it's no wonder I enjoy making this!
(and eating it also)


No comments:

Post a Comment