Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Karo Corn

My kids needed popcorn to take to church tonight.  Brenna likes the Boy Scout popcorn that we have that is extra buttery and microwave ready.  I do not.  Shelby does not either.  She wanted some sweet Kettle Korn which I tried to make....unsuccessfully.  After 2 burned batches I decided it was time to pull out the old college stand by.  My roommate Jennifer gave me her recipe for Karo Corn when we were college roommates over 20  a couple of years ago.  Needless to say it is still a good recipe and Helen said we needed to make it more often and the girls took both the sweet and savory popcorn with them tonight.  That just goes to show you that there are recipes in our past that we put aside for a while that maybe should be resurrected. 
Hope you like it as much as we do.
 
Karo Corn
 
In a clean kitchen sink pop 3-4 batches of plain popcorn.
  I use a hot air popper and just pop it right into the sink. 
 
In a heavy sauce pan combine
1 C. Butter or Margarine
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Karo Syrup
 
Stir and bring to a boil.  Allow to boil for 3-4 minutes. 
Remove from the heat and add 1/2 tsp. Vanilla.
 
Pour the sauce all over the popped popcorn
and stir well with a wooden spoon.
 
There you have it.  Super fast. Super tasty.  Karo Corn. 
Thanks Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment