Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chicken and Dumplings

Today was a snow day.  No school for the kids.  I worked from home.  My husband went to work and thankfully made it there and back without incident.  This cold snow was the perfect weather for some comfort food.  This is the only picture I took..and it's not even a good one!  The recipe is easy.  It's something I don't remember my mom making so I pretty much just faked my way through it.  I am sure there are others who make it differently or even better but my family must have liked it because the pot is empty.  Here's my quick and easy recipe:
 
1 lb. Ground Chicken
2 C. Chopped Carrots
1 Chopped Onion
1 T. Minced Garlic
1 (26 oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup
Water
1 Batch of Biscuits
 
Brown ground chicken along with carrots, onion and garlic in a large stock pot.  Add condensed soup and a full can and a half of water.  Mix your biscuits.  If you don't want to use my recipe then use your favorite, or open some canned biscuits.  Roll your biscuit dough into a log and cut nickle sized pieces off and drop into boiling chicken mixture.  Let the dumplings cook for 4 or 5 minutes and you are done.  Dinner is quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment