Monday, October 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls

My kids love these.  Last night we wanted some candy.  We didn't have any.  I figure if it is not in the house we won't eat it.  But yesterday it was worth it to make some candy.  These peanut butter balls are so fast and easy and if you want you can dress them up in mini muffin cup liners.  I think I may have introduced you to these before in the form of Peanut Butter Cups but I am doing it again!
 
Peanut Butter Balls
1/2 C. Creamy Peanut Butter
3 T. Butter or Margarine
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1/2 Pkg. Chocolate Almond Bark
 
Ok - I cheat when I dip chocolate....
no tempering for me....
almond bark is just fine for this family!
 
Combine Peanut Butter, Butter and Powdered Sugar.  Roll into walnut sized balls....or smaller.  Dip into melted chocolate.  Let cool on wax paper on a cookie sheet.  If you have never dipped before I like to use a plastic fork that has the middle 2 tines  broken off.  With the leftover chocolate I made Chocolate Covered Popcorn.  I like the sweet and salty combo.  I just pop a bag of my favorite microwave popcorn.  Pour the leftover chocolate over it and stir it up.  Pour it out on to wax paper on a cookie sheet and let it cool.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment