Saturday, October 20, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

I have been wanting to make these for a while now but have just been putting it off.  These actually have cream cheese in them and I almost named them Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins but decided against that since you really can make this recipe without the cream cheese.  I just happened to have some leftover whipped cream cheese from when we had Bagels and decided it would be good in the muffins.  It was good.  In fact I ate the two on the plate that you see in the picture on top and when I turned around they were practically gone.  There is one left and I would have eaten that too but I resisted!  I used dehydrated Blueberries in this recipe but you really can't tell.  They cooked up great...which only encourages me to try my oatmeal blueberry cookie idea that has been spinning around in my head for a couple of years!
 
Blueberry Muffins
 
1 3/4 C. Flour
1/3 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Egg
3/4 C. Milk
1/4 C. Margarine
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/3 C. Cream Cheese - optional
3 oz pkg Dehydrated Blueberries
 
In a mixing bowl combine milk and egg with a whisk.  Add soft butter and if you are using cream cheese add that also to the milk and egg and whisk together.  I used whipped cream cheese so this came together easily.  Add Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Vanilla and Salt.  Stir together with a fork until well combined.  Add Blueberries and stir together.  Drop by spoonful into lined muffin cups. 
 I made 12 muffins with this recipe. 
Bake at 400* for 20 minutes
Now you can see how these were gone as soon as a turned my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment