Saturday, July 21, 2012

Salsa

Last night I made Salsa.  I didn't take any pictures because I didn't plan on posting the recipe....but....when I took the salsa to a church pot luck I received several compliments and request for the recipe so I figured I would put it on here and let everyone have it....after all that was the whole point of the blog.   This came from my friend Tenaly Bleak.....and every time I make it I have someone tell me it is the best they have ever had.  Here is what I did....I will say if I didn't have the onion salt I used onion powder - I didn't use garlic salt because I used a lot of garlic..so there you have it with my substitutions.  Hope you like the Salsa!

Salsa
5 (28 oz) cans Crushed Tomatoes
1 Chopped Onion
1 Chopped Green Pepper
1 (4 oz) can Diced Jalapenos
1 Bunch Cilantro
5 heaping T. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Onion Salt
1 tsp. Celery Salt
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper


I put all the ingredients into the largest bowl I own - whatever you use it needs to hold more than a gallon with room to mix....use a clean bucket if you have to.  Then take a hand blender and mix it all up. If you do not own a hand blended then you can use a regular blender in smaller batches until you get it all run through - then you can mix it together with a spoon.  I use a hand blender, mix it all up really good and it is done - ready to eat.  You can adjust the ingredients to your taste but this is a good one.  If you don't like Cilantro you may not want to put it in but for me I don't like a chunky salsa - I like a smooth one and this fits the bill....just like what you get at a Mexican restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment