Friday, February 24, 2012

Robin's Cowgirl Cookies

I have never really been a fan of the traditional Cowboy Cookies.  I really don't know what it was about them that I didn't like, but they seemed to be really popular where I live so I decided to make up my own version.  My family are purists when it comes to cookies....plain Peanut Butter Cookies, or regular Chocolate Chip Cookies...you get the idea.  I don't make these cowboy cookies often since I am the one who eats most of them, but I have been craving the taste of these cookies since Christmas, so today I made them!

Robin's Cowboy Cookies

1C. Margarine - softened
1 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Flour
3 C. Oats
1 C. Raisins
1 C. Pecans
1 C. Mini Chocolate Chips
1 C. Toffee Bits

Cream together Margarine, Brown Sugar and Sugar
Add Eggs, Vanilla, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Salt and mix
Add Flour and Oats and mix
Add Raisins, Pecans, Mini Chocolate Chips, and Toffee Bits
and mix with a wooden spoon
Using a cookie scoop or a spoon drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes
Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 1 minute before
moving to a cooling rack.
These are so yummy and full of texture.  My original recipe said to bake 8-10 minutes but today my cookies needed a full 12 minutes to cook properly - you be the judge on how your oven is cooking them. Just keep an eye on the first batch and then you should be fine!
  This recipe made 4 dozen cookies.

As always I love your comments - Let me know what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment