Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken

I really enjoy this dinner.  My family eats it just fine, but I think I like it much better than they do.  I guess it is the combination of flavors with the artichoke, green olives, chicken, etc.  I realize that there are several ingredients in this dish that may not appeal to the masses, but if you are feeling adventurous then give it a try!

Mediterranean Chicken

2 T. Olive Oil
1 Pkg. Chicken Breast Tenders
1 can Small Artichoke Hearts
25 Green Olives
2 T. Green Olive Juice
1 jar favorite Spaghetti Sauce
1(1 lb.) pkg Mini Bow Tie Pasta

To begin, put pasta in a large pot of boiling water
 and cook according to package directions.
Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet. Dice chicken tenders and brown in oil.
Drain liquid from artichoke hearts and cut in half.  Add to the cooked chicken.
Toss in the 25 green olives and 2 T. Olive Juice.
Add the jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. 
 For this recipe I really like the Newman's Sockarooni Sauce.
Mix the sauce together and let it simmer until the pasta is done cooking.
Looks delicious.....right?
Add cooked pasta....
And toss together.....
YUM!  I served this last night for dinner with a tossed salad.  


Love to hear comments....let me know if you try this!



No comments:

Post a Comment