Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pizza Rolls


Last Sunday I knew we would have a long day and the family would be hungry after church.  I made up these pizza rolls thinking they would be easy to eat without re-heating or plates.  Not everyone in the family was crazy about them...they are a lot of bread...but my youngest daughter really liked them and said she would take them to track meets.  She has 3 track meets this week so I made them again to send along with her.  These are so easy and you can fill them with anything.  Let your imagination go wild and
fill them with whatever you want!
 
Use your favorite bread recipe.  I will give you the ingredients for the one I use.  It is not my recipe and I would credit the source if I could remember where it came from. 
 Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set it aside to raise.
 
2 T. Yeast
1/2 C. Warm Eater
1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
7 C. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
2 C. Scalded Milk
3 T. melted Butter
 
After it has raised punch it down and work some flour into it. 
The dough will look like this
Divide into 20 pieces
Roll out a piece of dough
Add 4 or 5 pepperoni pieces
Add about 1 T. Pizza Sauce - (or more)
Add a chunk of Mozzarella Cheese.
I used an 8 oz. block and cut it into 20 pieces.
Roll it up - egg roll style
Place on a greased cookie sheet
Bake @ 350* for 30 minutes.
They will expand and touch each other but that is not a problem
Just pull them apart and enjoy!  These are great Hot or Cold!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment