Monday, March 4, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas





I must be in a Mexican food mood lately.  Yesterday I made Fajitas for the family.  They were delicious.  Today I made Chicken Enchiladas .... also delicious.  I don't make them like everyone else that's for sure.  I usually always do an enchilada casserole as opposed to rolled individual enchiladas.  I personally feel that I get more servings that way.  Tonight we had a great dinner and I was still able to make 2 lunches for Erick.  Here is my version of Chicken Enchiladas.
 
I am not picky about what cut of the chicken I use.  If I have chicken breasts I use them, If I have thighs then I use them.  I happened to find a really good deal on chicken thighs so that is what I used today.  They needed some prep work but it was worth it.  I cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and chopped one onion.
  I also added about 1 T. Minced Garlic.
I put all of that into a skillet and added salt and pepper to taste.
I cooked the meat until it was no longer pink and I drained the fat.
In a mixing bowl I combined about 30 oz of Green Chili Sauce
with 16 oz. Sour Cream.  I used Stokes brand today but I have used other brands also and it has been good. 
I places 1/4 of the green chili mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan
and topped with 4-5 flour tortillas.
I placed 1/2 of the green chili mixture over the tortillas
and topped with the cooked chicken.
I topped the chicken with about 1 1/2 C. shredded Mozarella cheese
and topped that with 4-5 flour tortillas.
I placed the remaining 1/4 of the green chili mixture on top
and covered with about 1 1/2 C. shredded Mozarella cheese.
I covered the pan with foil and baked at 350* for 1 hour
Delicious Chicken Enchiladas!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment