Monday, November 19, 2012

Chicken Parmesan



Maybe I should call this Chicken Mozzarella because there is no Parmesan in this dish at all.  This is a pretty simple meal - no actual recipe so I will just walk you through the steps.  It did take about an hour or a little more to prepare so it's not super quick
 but it was pretty good.
 
I took a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs and placed them between wax paper and pounded them semi flat.  I breaded them with seasoned flour, egg, and then flour again and fried them in oil.
I put the fried chicken into a 13x9 pan
and poured a bottle of Marinara sauce over the top
and covered that with mozzarella cheese.
A lot of mozzarella cheese!
I covered that with foil and placed it in the oven
at 350* for 30 minutes.
 
While the chicken was cooking I started a box of pasta to boil and made up some garlic herb marinade. 
When the pasta was cooked I tossed the marinade on it for flavor.
 
A quick warm up of some green beans in the microwave
and dinner was done!
It was delicious.  I think my family would have rather had the plain fried chicken but it's good for them to expand their pallet once in a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment