Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chicken Tacos

Today is Sunday.  I like to take a nap on Sunday.  You would think I would learn my lesson and always have dinner in the crock pot for after Church on Sunday - just to lighten my load, make things easier - we are all so hungry when we get home from Church and then to have to cook a meal it is sometimes too much - and we end up just snacking on something  - or eating leftovers.  Well today I was on my game and put a chicken in the crock pot for some Chicken Tacos.  This is something I made about a month ago and they were a big hit so I think I may do this more often.  My family likes them and they are so easy to make.  Of course I used one of my favorite helpers in the kitchen.  A Grill Mates Marinade.  This was a Mexican Fiesta Marinade today.
Last night I took a whole chicken out of the freezer before I went to bed.  I just sat it in the sink to defrost.  There were still ice crystals on it when I woke up this morning but I rinsed it with water and put the chicken in the crock pot and mixed the marinade with
 1/4 C. Olive Oil, 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar, and 2 T. Water. 
 I poured it all over the chicken and that was it.
I turned my crock pot on to low and went to Church.  That chicken was in there for 6 1/2 hours (yes we do spend a long time at church) and when I got home it was just falling off its bones.
I removed the chicken from the crock pot and removed all the meat from the bones and skin and stuff I don't like to eat and put all the meat back into the juices.  There was a lot of juice in the crock pot - you can drain a lot of that out and leave
 just enough to keep the meat moist.
And there you have it.  Shredded Mexican Fiesta chicken ready for tacos.  Mine was a little juicy and I could have taken more liquid off - but it was good!   Just put some meat in your tortilla, add some lettuce, sour cream, cheese, tomato, olive, whatever you like in your taco.  Today I just have lettuce and sour cream added.  These are so delicious they don't need much to make a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment